Instructions for Fundraisers
On behalf of the Laguna Foundation staff and Board, I would like to thank you for participating in the 5th Annual Laguna Re-Leaf Day. The following forms will help make your fundraising as easy and successful as possible.
ONLINE FUNDRAISING THROUGH FIRSTGIVING
A very easy way to solicit donations online is to create a personal FirstGiving page.
- To begin, register at: http://www.firstgiving.com/lagunafoundation/lagunareleaf. (Visit this page using Google Chrome or Firefox.)
- Click on the green “Join Now” button to create your account.
- Create a Title for your Fundraising page and choose a photo. We have uploaded several photos from past events, or you are welcome to upload your own photo.
- We have set you up with text to start your fundraising efforts off on the right foot but we encourage you to personalize your page and express your personal reasons for joining this event.
If you receive donations off-line, you can add the information to your FirstGiving Fundraising page dashboard and track your progress towards your goal. Take a look around your “donation dashboard” and explore all the different ways FirstGiving can help your fundraising efforts. Don’t forget to share your page on Facebook!
Once your Fundraising Page is up and ready for donations…
STEP 1: FIND SPONSORS
- Send a Pledge Card to all friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors. Be sure to write in your name in the blank space provided on the pledge card. This will enable us to identify your pledges or donations when they arrive.
- If you would like to send a letter along with your pledge card through the mail or by email, a Sample Fundraising Letter is also enclosed for you to adapt as you wish.
- Share your Fundraising Page. There are several ways you can share your page on social media including Facebook and Twitter. Explore “Your Fundraising” on your FirstGiving account dashboard to find out more!
STEP 2: SUBMIT DONATIONS & COMPLETED FORMS TO LAGUNA FOUNDATION
We want to send a thank you letter to each of your donors letting them know their sponsorship is a tax-donation. We will be notified of donations made to your online account, and donations mailed in to our office on your behalf. For these donors, we will not need any more information from you.
Please mail in any other donations you receive, along with a list of your donors and their contact information to: Laguna Re-Leaf Day Donations, 900 Sanford Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
STEP 3: THANK YOUR SPONSORS
After the event, provide your sponsors with a recap of your day of tree planting and thank them for their support. We will take care of sending them a tax-deductable donation letter.
Resources to Help You Solicit Sponsors and Donors
We welcome and encourage Tree-A-Thon volunteers to use the resources below to enjoy a successful fundraising experience.
- Sample Fundraising Letter to Potential Sponsors (Microsoft Word Document)
- Sample Email to Potential Sponsors (Microsoft Word Document)
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Nancy Hauptmann at (707) 527-9277x109 or email: email@example.com